We are a social business, the first of its kind in French Polynesia
Our project focuses on people, non-industrial processing of local products and positive social impacts. We value local products in order to fight the health issues many face. We also believe that money created must be equally distributed to benefit as many people as possible. Tourism is the most valuable resource in Polynesia! Therefore, sustainable tourism is a leverage for local development and extremely important. Food & CookLab offers an unmissable experience for visitors seeking an authentic experience blended with Polynesian culture, food and sustainable local development.
The island of Moorea, like other Polynesian islands is shaped by agriculture, its inhabitants and visitors. Food & CookLab brings together different producers such as fishermen and farmers, individuals and tourists around the simple idea of “food and local culture”. Food is a meeting point, it brings people together and facilitates encounters and exchanges. It is a cultural asset in which each community takes pride in cultivating.
Food & CookLab brings people together and offers exchange highlighting concerns: socially (access to employment, income improvement, training), environmental issues (reducing the impact of transport, storage activities), public health (prevention of food-related diseases), societal (sustainable/ inclusive tourism).
We create ecological and sustainable local products. Food is our anchor and meeting point.
Our company statutes
Article 2, ALTEROCEAN SARL
“The company is created and designed to address a social problem and act to
- support people with difficulties either because of their economic or social situation or because of their personal situation
- fight against social, economic and cultural exclusions and inequalities, preserve and develop a social bond and strengthening territorial cohesion
- make sustainable development in its environmental and participative social economic dimensions
Measuring the social impact
- Help in the creation of food activities (project incubator, technical support for the process, support for business creation and follow-up)
- Train and accompany to employment
- Support people with health issues (food education, healthy and inexpensive cooking)
- Restore confidence & empowerment
- Educate young people (school or other) about food
- Train in good food practices, help with diversity, non-industrial processing of local products, food history and agriculture